Ten things I wish I could learn instantly:
1. French. I keep trying. All I want to do is watch my DVDs without the subtitles on, it’s not much to ask really. I’ve got a great little app on my phone call Duolingo, which I love, but I don’t practice enough.
2. Touch typing. I’m pretty quick, but wish I used my fingers properly. Looking back, I should have taken this in school.
3. Speed reading. I do read pretty quickly and I know that reading for pleasure and knowledge are different, but there are so many books I want to get through.
4. How to blow dry my hair. I can do one thing, the head wrap technique, and that’s about it.
5. Gardening. I have a brown thumb, I do wish I could be more successful in our veggie patch.
I honestly can’t think of anything else. Either I’m pretty happy with my lot, which I am, or I’ve got to spend some more time on thinking about what I want to learn.
I’m generally a sponge, I read all the time, online, books, articles etc. connecting the dots between them all, I can’t really complain.