I like to move it, move it – Couch to 5km session 12

I had been dreading this session. Warm up walk 0:00 – 05:00, run 5:00 – 25:00, cool down walk 25:00 – 30:00. The first time I’d run for 20 minutes in my life, unless you count cross country at school and I don’t because it was a lifetime ago.

I’m not going to lie to you, it hurt a bit. I got going, and until I’d warmed up it wasn’t comfortable. I know I’m supposed to be running slowly, but I think I’m going to have to increase my speed a little bit as my legs are telling me to lengthen my stride. They’re really not finding it very easy now I’m getting used to running and getting fitter. I’m next going to the gym on Friday morning with a bit of luck, either that or Friday evening, I’ll let you know how I go.

We’ve just had a long weekend here in Victoria with Monday being Labour Day. The States stagger their Labour Day holidays so we’re not all off at once, Tasmania had theirs the week before, NSW not until October. This extra day at home came at just the right time for us, it gave us three days to spend together and talking. Something sorely needed as we’re still no further along with Hubs’ job than we were two weeks ago. It’s a sore point, so I’m just going to leave it at that for the time being. Across the three days we caught up with family and friends, went shopping, planned some things out and ate an enormous plate of Nachos.

Sometimes you need a gentle film, in this case, Field of Dreams and some Mexican food. I love Nachos, I cannot tell you how much I love them, I have often ordered them out in a restaurant and nearly always been disappointed. Tortilla chips, salsa, rubbery cheese and sour cream doesn’t cut it. I layer ours with chilli, refried beans, homemade guacamole, salsa, cheese, put them in the oven to brown off, then add the sour cream and on my half, jalapeños – as Hubs doesn’t like them. They are a bounteous feast, but one that is reserved for special occasions as it’s more than a bit piggy!

I could have very easily had a cider or a G&T, but I stayed valiantly sober, and have been for a week now. Listening to Andrew Johnson nightly, I don’t want it, or miss it; I think I do sometimes, but that is habit wise, not because I’m desperately hanging out for alcohol. I can’t explain it easily, I’m sorry but it’s like something inside me has shifted. For which I am grateful.

If you were looking at my other website last night, you’d have been forgiven for wondering what the heck was going on, I was trying to get the layout and colours sorted, I still need to do some work on it, but I got my Facebook page, the twitter feed up and have started setting up pages, including a resource page, the services I want to offer and so on. The front page will be live, with other pages being more static, I’ve got to play around with some menu options, so it’s still a work in progress, but we’re getting there.

What do you think..?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s