Running vs. scones?

Scones won out, I’m sorry to say. Last night getting the wee man down was a struggle, so the night slipped away from us. I had every intention of going to the gym this morning, as I knew I’d feel better for it. But when I also went to bed really early at 8:30 as I was worn out, without the scones being made, I knew I wasn’t getting there today. I will go tomorrow morning, as I have no baking commitments and I’ll also be that further on with the secret women’s business, so I’ll have more energy too. Having said that, everyone is quiet, so it looks like I’m not the only one feeling a bit lethargic at work.

Today is wet and humid. There isn’t much rain on the radar, the cloud seems to be touching the floor, so we’re wading through it all, little droplets clinging to our hair and clothes. It’s one of those days where you wish you had another setting between intermittent and one on your windscreen wipers. Peanut went to nursery in sandals as it’s going to brighten up this afternoon, but walking him in through the mizzle this morning I got a couple of odd looks from other parents.

Because it’s still fairly warm, having the oven on this morning in the kitchen heated the house up quickly. The scones have come out really well again though. I roasted the pumpkin on Monday when I did our roastie, I nearly had enough for two batches, but not quite. I can’t make the dough in the Thermomix as it’s too sticky and dense. When it’s baked they’re lovely and light as the pumpkin both provides a lot of the moisture and holds everything together; but it is mashed pumpkin, it gives your arms a good workout.

Halfway through the baking, Mum came out her bedroom and released a moth from the bathroom that Chief Brody had brought in overnight. I am not joking when I tell you it was huge, the wing span was as big as my hand. I opened the door to the deck, propped the screen door open with a handy box of toy cars and trucks and took a broom inside. I said “I’ll try not to scream” and bravely nudged the moth with the brush end. It of course flew straight at me, I ducked it headed over to anther wall, I nudged it again and it flew straight out the door. Much to the cat’s disgust. I was dancing round with joy that I’d got the bluddy thing out the house, but the cat sulked downstairs to try and find it or another one to bring in.

Tonight Mum and I are going to see Saving Mr Banks at the cinema. It’ll be the first film we’ve seen together since The Full Monty. But before we leave, I’m getting everything ready for the morning, so I can get to the gym!

What do you think..?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s