It ain’t half hot Mum

I’ve been waiting and hoping I could write this blog title for weeks. Melbourne is in a heatwave at the moment, starting yesterday and running for the rest of the week, just in time for my Mum’s arrival from a positively Baltic UK. Her timing couldn’t be worse, but as she was determined to be here for my birthday on Saturday, there isn’t much we can do!

Hubs and I spent part of the evening hanging a sheet across the stairwell to stop the warmer air coming up from the man cave, and a bedspread in front of the dining room windows. The difference these two pieces of fabric have made already is good. We’re never going to beat the heat, it’s simply going to be too hot, we can only minimise the impact by pulling down all the blinds and closing windows that are normally open, then tying the blind cords up and out the way from toddler and cat attacks.

I went to the gym last night and did session three of Couch to 5K, I felt really strong and positive. Then got on the scales this morning and realised my weight hadn’t changed since last week, which was a bit depressing. I am also feeling really sluggish this morning though, I had to take an antihistamine last night and it was all I could do to get out of bed this morning. I’m still feeling more than a bit dopey (“So what is new?” I hear your distant cries). I also went grocery shopping last night so we don’t have to go again until the weekend, but Hubs and I stuffed the cool stuff into the fridge any old how. That will be my mission tonight, to tidy that up a bit as you can’t see what we’ve got in there.

This morning I pinched Hubs old iPhone 4G to do a back-up, restore and put in the SIM card for Mum to use while she’s here. That went smoothly, thank goodness, we’re not having much luck with merging our accounts and libraries, despite a visit to the tech bar and assurance that it would be easy. The last time I synced my phone, it wipe all but a few audiobooks off. Grrr, so I’ve got to play around with it again at some point this week. The joys.

To compound the sluggishness this morning, just as I was getting the last bits together to get out the house and saying ‘Sandals on!’ (shoes are always the last thing we do so he doesn’t get too excited about leaving), Peanut did a poop. I changed him, tried again in vain to get him out the top half of his PJs, he wasn’t having a bar of it. Then he didn’t want to get in the car. Then when we get there he didn’t want to get out of it. I arrived to work, late, hot, flustered and had to do my make-up at my desk. A far cry from the leisurely relaxed make-up application yesterday!

I’ve got a text from Mum to say she’s arrived in Singapore. Yahoo!

What do you think..?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s