I am officially back to work, which also means a work wardrobe and a casual wardrobe. While I could (just about) get away with wearing slightly less smart clothes when I was with child, now I have said child crawling around and getting into everything, I need to up my game and dress appropriately again.
I can’t merge the two wardrobes any longer, I simply don’t have enough clothes that would double up as play clothes with Peanut that I can also wear to work; particularly as I’m in the process of transitioning between roles and want to be recognized for its importance to the organisation I work in. I’m back to being suited and booted 9-5, in scrubs on hands and knees running around after an inquisitive and active little man for the rest of the time.
To that end, I will be limiting my work wardrobe to 33 items, and my casual wardrobe to 33 items. Here is a picture of the work wardrobe laid out on our bed a week or so ago:
Here is the full list of the apparel that will take me through the coming months:
- Grey trouser suit, (absolute bargain in the sales)
- Black pin stripe trouser suit, (brought back in 2005, kept in the vain hope I might be able to fit back into it again – hurrah!)
- Black skirt suit, (brought in 2006, again kept in case I ever got skinny)
- Grey jersey skirt
- Black trousers
- Navy blue trousers
- Black shift dress (shown here with leopard skin belt, as I’ll be wearing long sleeved tops underneath this, the belt won’t be used. I’ve swapped it for a black elasticated one instead).
- Multi-coloured dress (orange, white & pale blue geometric pattern)
- Blue, pink & grey striped, double-cuff shirt
- White double-cuff shirt
- Black long sleeved shirt
- Black short sleeved shirt
- Red & white long sleeved shirt
- Pink short sleeved shirt
- Green and cream shirt
- Black & leopard skin tunic
- Blue belted jumper
- Green, black & white top
- Black & white striped polo top
- Red, grey & black striped jumper
Also in the picture are three scarves, pale blue, black with white dots, and red, pink and white flowers.
From my previous wardrobe, I kept (as I adore them) but had to have the blue trousers taken in (for the second time). The two suits I held onto because they are good quality, I was loathe to get rid of them, but they hung in my wardrobe in the skinny-minnie section for a good 3-4 years. Every so often, I’d get them out and try them on getting frustrated with myself. But yay for boobies! What with breastfeeding Peanut for 9 months, the weight fell off me. Since he was born, I’ve lost 20kg, or 44lb, or 3st 1lb. I’ve not been this size for years; naturally I am determined to keep my new svelte shape and am trying to work out how I can fit in exercise around working, child care, housework and being a good wifelet to my wonderful husband.
Answers on a post card for solutions for extracting another two hours out the day?!